Monday, July 1, 2019

Catch up...what now?

So first off, I don't know if anyone is checking this any more as I have not posted in so long...so in a strange, weird way, if someone reads this if you could either leave a comment, send an email, text me...some way to let me know that it is being read, that would be appreciated.

So to back up and fill you in....I left the Mayo clinic with some guidelines and things to go by as far as things that could help my sleep, headaches, and in turn the episodes.  I met with my sleep doctor and currently have a sleep test done in the lab scheduled for the end of July.  However, my neurologist that I also followed up with, suggested (before even knowing I was getting a sleep test done) I be tested for neuropathy.  This is done by a sleep test and then a series of additional testing the next day.  When my doctor was talking about neuropathy, I felt as if I could relate to some of what she was saying, which makes me hope it works to have that tested as well!! So that is all still a little up in the air, as I am waiting to hear from the doctor.

I also met with my neurologist/headache doctor.  I told her about the ideas from Mayo (restarting botox and doing it a full year, rather than just once or twice) as well as a newer nerve block.  The day I met with the headache doctor I expected nothing would be done then as we would have to get prior authorization through insurance.  However, we did both of them that day.  Since then my headaches have been a little better, praise the Lord, and I am believing that with more injections (as awful as they are), it will improve all the more.

I have an appointment with my endocrinologist next week, and with the changes she will make and these other things, believing for positive things!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, this is Heather...I’m still checking in with your posts (and your mom) ❤️