Sunday, September 22, 2013

One day at a time

It has been a rough week....I took my first test in two of my hardest class and the results were not so good. I have been trying to communicate with my professors about accessability for the classes, and some are working with me and some are not.  The first class is  Linguistics and there are symbols that have been impossible to put in a format that I can understand.  The reader/scribe that was doing the test with me stopped half way through because she could not read it to me in a way that I could understand.  I am tutoring with another professor who is auditing that class and she is going to try to figure out a way to teach it to me...and then hopefully I can retake  the test.  The second class is meteorology and I studied for hours for the test because I was not allowed to use any notes.  I got an email from the professor that I failed the test and he encouraged me to drop the class.  I can't do that because I have to keep a full load to keep my scholarship, although if I don't keep up my gpa, I will lose it...So I am praying for favor with the professor.

I have gotten involved with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship and will be going on a retreat next weekend in the mountains.  I am really excited about it and am hoping to get to know some of the people involved, better.

I am also looking forward to visits in October from my grandparents and Sarah!

No comments: