Sunday, March 3, 2013

Informative Speech

So, I know I should have posted this earlier, but I have been so busy this weekend with homework and practicing my speech.  So, tomorrow I have to give a speech.  It has to have something to do with my government class and it has to be informative, not persuasive.  We can keep the same topic for all three speeches (informative, multi-media, and persuasive) if it would work to do so.  The speech has to be 6-7 minutes.  I am going to be speaking on abortion.  I am going to give some statistics, the reasons that pro-life people have, and then the reasons that pro-choice people have.  I do have some braille notes, but please pray for several things.  1. That I meet the time limit.  I have been practicing all night with dad and I am in that time, but he isn't an audience and I am sure that I will go faster in front of people...
2. I can read my notes.  I did my notes in braille (since that is the only way I can read them) and I am a little worried about being able to read them in a timely manner.  I don't want to have long pauses where I start saying, "um..." or "uh...".  So definately pray about that.
and lastly, 3. Pray that I get a good grade!  I have been super nervous and super stressed out about this.  I woke up early this morning thinking that it was Monday morning, and I started to freak out, before realizing that it was just Sunday.  So, I guesss also pray for my nerves.  I am really nervous and I don't want to mess up really bad....

Thank you for your prayers!  I will let you know how it goes!

No comments: