Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Day 2

Whew! Today was a full, jam packed day. Days like this is when I am especially greatful for my parents, and in this case, my mom as she is here with me and helping me around the huge Mayo complex and in each appointment...priceless!

The day started with a psycologist evaluation.Mom and I both went in a little skeptical...however, he explained how these episodes could be a result of everything my body has been through, and my bodys way of responding to it; in a anxious type of way. That made sense and the more he talked through things, the more it made sense. He suggested a couple different medicines, which we will talk with my neuriologist about. At the end of the appointment, he commented on how I inspired him and how amazing I was...pretty amazing as he had just met me and was with me maybe an hour.
The second appointment was a pulminology appointment. I went in, sat in this chair connected to a tube and massive machine, and this lady started to coach me through different breathing exercises. I had to breathe in, breathe out, and continue to “breathe out” until I was coughing and there was LITERALLY nothing left. I did several different tests, panting, short breaths, long breaths, etc. before we were done and outta’ there!
I was able to disconnect from the heart monitor...praise the Lord, I did have a couple episodes with it on. Nothing super major or intense, but something. So I will be anxious to see what comes of that.
I had a cardio echogram today as well. I have had one of these before as well, so nothing earth shattering. The lady who did it was super nice, getting me warm blankets as I was cold. So we will see what, if anything, conmes of that.

Tomorrow is another full day, buut believing for appointments that will lead to results!

No comments: